Subject: [Leica] D4 High ISO
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 07:17:21 -0700

Hi John,
Thanks for the link. I read the discussion a couple of times to try and
understand its application to real world photography and decided it was of
limited use to me.
Fact is on my D800E and the D700 before it - I set the auto ISO to 6400 -
and concentrate on keeping the shutter speeds up to freeze action while
keeping the aperture at a level to maximize or minimize depth of field
according to what I want.
The results speak for themselves - my Indian tiger pictures (D700) and my
recent eagle pictures (D800E). In my experience trying to keep a D800 at ISO
1600 or less "to keep good colour" to the detriment of shutter speed or
preferred aperture would not produce the most useable pictures. Also,
reading the comments, I wonder if such a restriction really applies to
pictures shot in RAW. Anyway, thanks for the link, but I won' be following
its advice. Really enjoy your monochrome pictures by the way - even if I
don't comment on every submission I do view them faithfully.
Bests
Howard