Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Memorial Day 2013
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Bryk Oliver)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 18:56:48 -0700

I have posted a few images of a memorial service at the USS San Francisco
(CA-38) Monument to honor members of the US Navy and Marine Corps who served
in WWII.

The monument includes part of the bridge of the heavy cruiser SS San
Francisco and lists the names of all who gave their lives in the Naval
Battle of Guadalcanal in November of 1942.

For details of the battle see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Battle_of_Guadalcanal  .

Several survivors were present at the memorial service; one of them wears a
lei.

The young flag bearers are members of the US Navy Sea Scouts. I have no idea
who the old guys in kilts are.

The images, made with M8 and Summicron 50mm are at
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OBRYK/2013_Memorial_Day/

For details of the battle see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Battle_of_Guadalcanal

Cs & Cs cheerfully considered,

Oliver

PS the main Memorial Day Service is held at the Presidio National Cemetery.

Replies: Reply from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] IMGs: Memorial Day 2013)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMGs: Memorial Day 2013)
Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] IMGs: Memorial Day 2013)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] IMGs: Memorial Day 2013)