Subject: [Leica] Mark may be right, was: RG Lewis and Leica M frustrations
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 13:25:30 -0700

You know, Mark, for years I heard you ranting this full frame thing as
opposed to APS-C or heaven forbid, 4/3.  And for years I was shooting with
APS-C sensors and getting great shots.  But I have to tell you, that since
switching to the D600, I am changing my tune to match yours.  There is no
comparison to my D7000 or my father-in-law's D300.  Not just in  low light,
but for any wide dynamic range situation.  I need to do very little
manipulation on my D600 files as opposed to  my D7000.  I am amazed.  Maybe
some of that is due to it being one generation newer chip and processor
technology.  I don't know.  Would I see a big difference between my D7000
and the new D7100?  Not sure.  But the difference seems to be quite vast for
just one generation.

So, Mark.  I am with you from now on, on this point.  Full frame or no
frame.....  Well, maybe not that drastic.  My favorite camera continues to
be the one I have in my hand.

Aram