Subject: [Leica] Flickr's new 1TB free account (Pro fee refunded pro rata if changed to free account)
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 11:20:35 +0900

A few weeks ago, I renewed my Flickr Pro account, allowing me to keep
unlimited photos (I have about 8,000 there) at original resolution for
around $25 a year.

Then yesterday Flickr announced that free account holder will now get 1TB
of space each. This is more than I need. I also read that current Pro
account holders have until August to get a free account instead of their
paid one. I think it means that if you stay beyond that as a Pro user, you
will be asked to keep paying the yearly fee, for the benefits of a) going
beyond 1TB, and b) having ad-free browsing.

The free account option seemed fine for me, so I chose to 'downgrade'.
Expecting to lose my recently paid $25, I was pleasantly surprised to learn
that Flickr will pro rata refund my subscription.

Just wanted to share this, as I know some others here have Flickr accounts
too.

All the best,

Peter

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Flickr's new 1TB free account (Pro fee refunded pro rata if changed to free account))