Subject: [Leica] Mark's 5.6 and be there
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 00:38:44 -0400

I had always heard f 8  and be there for the speed graphic era!?!?

I know that traditionally 5.6 is the favorite f stop for cinematographers.
The f stop where they feel safe. That is where they know they're going to
get their focus. That is film guys shooting 35mm film stock which gives you
what we think of as half frame. 18x24. But they think of as single frame.