Subject: [Leica] A different Leica backup solution...... maybe
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 11:11:37 -0700

I have always traveled with 2 (compatible) bodies, just in case.  If 1 body
blows up, I always have a spare, even if it was a lower end body or
something that was not quite perfect ( film in lieu of digital).  While
thinking about this for an upcoming trip, I was going to bring an M6 plus 4
rolls of emergency film as my backup for my M9... But the weight of the M6,
and the need to buy film, on the fly, in a foreign place, in some volume,
was a bit sticky...

Sure, in an emergency, I could buy another M9 in some foreign place, but
that is not practical in the Leica domain for a non-Pro.

So I decided to think about this solution...

Take along a Leica M mount to micro 4/3 adapter... no extra body, just the
adapter.  If the M9 blew up, I could pretty easily acquire a m4/3 body for a
reasonable price and continue on with my existing lenses...

I realize that the angle of view with these smaller than 24x36 sensors gives
lenses an effective boost. more tele than on 24x36. and I usually find I
shoot more WA than tele lenses..

What opinions are there towards or against that solution?  Good idea, or bad
idea?

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] A different Leica backup solution...... maybe)