Subject: [Leica] OT: Zeiss for Fuji
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 13:39:11 -0500
References: <9802D517-8EF0-490A-9408-671E147F9491@frozenlight.eu><CAH1UNJ1hmopGou3n83883KCdj+pRxXk1eTg068tM6e8pmjUOEg@mail.gmail.com><5E43105A-9D5E-4B46-AB7B-4FE9FC90F212@frozenlight.eu><CAH1UNJ3gVUSUX3mz+VAG8cQYkHCuuYes+YKdWQ4RhVfcqdBu0g@mail.gmail.com><895395DD-7F16-4BA9-A161-319FE492D481@mcmaster.co.nz>, <CAH1UNJ3o3x+XMzx6uS5GK=UAesxpGxyyqXQ4uggky_UnpDECpQ@mail.gmail.com> <3E5B1CB8-0005-4DC2-AB44-9CFA9DD4C1C7@mcmaster.co.nz>

The Zeiss lenses that Kyocera made for their cameras were made under
license, but it has been widely reported that the conditions were
staggering. They had to pay  Zeiss for a full QC staff from Germany to be on
site! That couldn't be cheap, but damn the lenses were good. Don't know if
that has changed. And anyway, who makes Sony lenses, or Panasonic for that
matter?