Subject: [Leica] How recently have I said I really like this funny black-and-white digital camera?
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 13:18:12 -0400

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 4:41 AM, Gerry Walden <gerry.walden at me.com> wrote:
> Really nice Jeff, with great tone range. Ignore Nathan or just click
> 'colour' in Lightroom

I kept looking for that button when I was processing the image a few
days ago of the Leica logo on that surveying gizmo!  The red script
"Leica" popped right out against the black disc in real life, but the
tones were far too similar as captured by the MM without any good ol'
reddish or orangeish B&W filter.  As I presented it, that was after a
good deal of local clarity and contrast boosting and a few other
tweaks, but it still lacked pop (and I couldn't tweak it much farther
without having it dissolve into a miasma of extra grain).

But people - they often appear in the MM with satisfying tonalities
with just the naked lens.

Which is good for me, since I mostly like to take pictures of people.

-J

Message from gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] How recently have I said I really like this funny black-and-white digital camera?)