Subject: [Leica] Adobe kills Creative Suite - all future features online only . The Register
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 15:01:14 -0700

Do I have to go on subscription?

They are continuing to sell perpetual licenses for CS6 for the time being,
and they're going to continue adding new camera support to CS6 too. So if
you only use Photoshop for retouching, you're not being forced into
upgrading.

Why I would want to pay $30-40 a month vs a one time purchase of $200, I
just don't know.....  but I know why Adobe wants you to switch.... $$$$$$

Note:  CS6 was available through Academic SW, the full package, for $200
recently.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Ah, no more than a money gouging exercise, will see how many people go for
PhotoShop if they cannot learn on a dubious copy.....

>From Tina's link:

> I don't want to be tied to the cloud - what if I'm offline?

> The programs are installed on your computer, as they are at the
> moment. They 'phone home' once a month to > confirm you've paid, but if
you've paid for an annual membership, you can go up to 180 days even if
you're offline.

john

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/06/adobe_kills_creative_suite_for_cloud
/

That should save some money, shame that they do not realise that we do not
all live in the USA or Europe and have high latency to their servers :-(

john