Subject: [Leica] Get ready for the M Type 240 Nirvana
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert G Adler)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 06:00:19 -0700

Mark Dubovoy is a very successful venture capitalist in Silicon Valley. He
is better when he focuses on MF photography. Though he occasionally has good
info about MF digital stuff, my opinion is that he has bought his way into
the art world. He's richer than God so his wife doesn't give a who it if he
bought 10,000 M's.

So basically he's a highly educated engineer, highly successful capitalist,
hell of a swimmer and a deep pocket all want a piece of.

Agree that opinions about real world image making are much more reliable
here and on other lists. I usually don't read his crud and won't read this.
Bob

Bob Adler

On Apr 14, 2013, at 1:21 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu> wrote:

> I still am totally not clear on why this is interesting to anyone. So
> perhaps I should start blogging about my negotiations with my wife, or
> perhaps what I had for breakfast.
>
> I can understand that DPreview has a certain usefulness, but all those
> guys like Reichmann, Rockwell, whatever, they are just some people with
> opinions, of absolutely no relevance to me. The opinions of people on this
> list are actually much more valuable to me, at least certain people on
> this list.
>
> Cheers,
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> Alicante, Spain
> http://www.frozenlight.eu
> http://www.greatpix.eu
>
> YNWA
>

> On Apr 14, 2013, at 9:00 AM, Richard Man wrote:
>
>> I am referring to Mark. He guest blogs and has a book or two, I think. The
>> hyperbole is just out of this world: the best rangefinder, the shortest
>> bayonet mount throw... REALLY? I guess he really wants to justify the
>> expense to his wife :-0
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 11:48 PM, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at
>> gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Is that Michael Reichmann you are talking about Richard?
>>> This article written by a Mark Dubovoy. I confess I have no idea who that
>>> is.
>>> What a bizarre article it is. The hyperbole seems to extend into his cons
>>> as well as pros.
>>> Also needs to fix that stuck "e" key on his computer!
>>>

>>> *If you want to take more interesting pictures,
>>> stand in front of more interesting stuff* -- Joe McNally
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff