Subject: [Leica] IMG: along Pleasants Valley Road, Cantelow and the English Hills
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:34:50 -0700

These images were taken on Tuesday during a substantial north wind. The
benefit: the ground was moist so there wasn't a lot of dust raised so the
air quality was quite good.

One of my rides takes me along a scenic by-way and a great field of lupin

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/27796461_bZQWXL#!i=2452252886&k=XSrPKm3&lb=1&s=A>

I thought a portrait of my bike was only appropriate.

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/27796461_bZQWXL#!i=2452519588&k=Gx9SJJc>

Climbing Cantelow from the west gets one's attention: the grade averages
over 10% and hits 15% in a few short pitches. Doing that into the wind adds,
ah, intensity, to the experience. So at the top I pause, let my heart rate
come down to something normal and shoot a few photos. This is looking
eastward to the Sierra Nevada mountains. Sacramento's skyline is visible on
the left side below the white capped Sierra. This is a panorama made of, I
think, six images.

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/27796461_bZQWXL#!i=2452501181&k=PDx2s7L&lb=1&s=A.>

Descending eastward I encounter the last set of hills before the Sacramento
Valley with its laser-planed flatness emerges. Here, on the English Hills, I
encountered two horses dealing with the wind.

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/27796461_bZQWXL#!i=2452510646&k=Wj7nWwJ>

All of these were shot with a Sony NEX-7 and Leica 50mm summicron. Normally
I'd have the 35mm mounted but I was feeling playful on this day. I think
this is a great combination.

The panoramas were done in Photoshop, all other image work was done in
Lightroom.

Thanks for looking and sharing any comments. Criticism on cropping, etc, (or
anything else for that matter) greatly appreciated.

Enjoy!

Adam

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: along Pleasants Valley Road, Cantelow and the English Hills)