Subject: [Leica] IMG: Along the American River
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 15:34:23 -0700

Today while they installed running boards on our new Mercedes Benz Sprinter
van I rode a portion of the American River Bike Trail up to California State
University Sacramento where a replica of the Golden Gate Bridge spans the
river. Even though I've lived here for nearly four decades I've never
crossed this foot/cycling bridge. Today I took the opportunity to ride
across.

We had great clouds today, but challenging to capture, so I made an HDR
image, processed in in Photomatrix Pro. This is looking upstream to one of
the water intakes (I think). The river is low because there's not much
runoff out of Folsom Lake. There's not much runoff into Folsom Lake either,
now that I think of it, the Sierra snow pack is only about 60% of normal for
this time of year: grim news.

I'm rather pleased with the way this came out. It captures the dynamics of
the sky as I saw it.

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/27796461_bZQWXL#!i=2442606062&k=5jKhdmW&lb=1&s=X3>

Shot with Sony NEX-7, Leica sumicron 35mm, f4 or thereabouts with
auto-bracketing turned on.

I think this image bears looking at large. I'm going to enjoy printing it.

Thanks for looking. Comments/critique always welcome.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Along the American River)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Along the American River)
Reply from leicaphong at gmail.com (Phong) ([Leica] IMG: Along the American River)