Subject: [Leica] OT: Matisse and HCB
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 11:21:37 +0100

I thought of you Luggers as we went to a Matisse exhibition yesterday.
On display were a series of HCB original gelatin prints of the painter
made by HCB, a gift by the photog to the museum - the famous doves in
Vence.
And the original painting by Matisse that served as a cover and case
illustration for one of HCB's book some of you may have heard of,
namely 'A la Sauvette', which was later (ill) translated into 'The
decisive Moment'. I loved the fact that a photo book didn't use a
photo for its cover and resorted to another form of Art as a shrine.
All wonderful, and a very precious souvenir - no photos allowed there,
I'm sorry.
I wanted to share the thoughts about this artistic interaction though.

The cover
http://tinyurl.com/cq3b2dk

Amiti?s
Philippe