Subject: [Leica] I have revamped my site - Cedric
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:46:07 +0100

Hello Cedric,I'm glad you enjoyed looking at my site. "Les plages du Nord"
refers to the northern part of France just facing Britain (C?te d'Opale),
from Berck sur Mer to Dunkerque. Very good light. Now, concerning technical
details, you've started a very interesting - and passionate - thread! I'd
like to know though what "technical details" means for you: the full monty
or just a few elements like camera, lens, aperture, speed? Or more? The
thing is, I mention the type of camera I use in "About Me" so I did not feel
the need to say much more. These days I mainly use the M8 at 160 and an
Elmar 50 usually at 2.8 or 5.6. Why? Because I want to concentrate on my
subject more or less. With an aperture at 2.8 the difficulty is sharpness,
of course, and bokeh quality. But the pictures I get with this lens and this
aperture are very similar to the Kodak slides I made a long time ago. I do
no PS post treatment, just WB and some exposure and contrast corrections.
Today I  want my pictures to have saturated colours and contrast. I don't
mind adding details if need be!Cheers,JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
Strasbourg