Subject: [Leica] sensor cleanliness
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 22:17:13 -0700

My experience exactly.. my M8 splashed oil all over the sensor... which I
did not notice till after the trip I bought the camera for....
 I did clean it using the wet swab approach... and it was fine afterwards...
But you would think that the manufacturer would have the common sense to oil
less or at least tell you about the problem and offer to clean the sensor
after a few hundred exposures.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

it is the oily smudges which come off the shutter which are worse than dust
(usually reduce after a few months use from new)

Replies: Reply from cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie) ([Leica] sensor cleanliness)
Message from cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie) ([Leica] sensor cleanliness)
Message from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] sensor cleanliness)