Subject: [Leica] Lessons Learned
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 08:26:16 +1000

I actually just bought that very thing since I keep running out of room on
my 16GB iPad. I always carry a compact laptop with Lightroom and a separate
portable HDD when I am travelling to shoot, which is nearly always of
course.

However Tina was travelling with a Kindle (I don't know which one). They
just aren't designed for data volumes (or even colour depending on model)
of course. I like my old cheap Kindle too but I ended up with all of my
eBooks on the iPad and all of the rest. along with a few hundred photos as
a portable album for friends.
eBooks whether in the Kindle format or other can of course also be kept and
used on other devices such as laptops and tablets.
I bought a Photoshop manual which is large and has a lot of graphics.
Useless on the old Kindle but usable on any bigger better screen.

For (some?) Android based tablets you can file transfer from a SD card slot
and then out to a flash drive or now the new WiFi HDD. I have an SDHC card
adapter for my iPad too. I think there is a new lead device now.

That would get old fast if you are dealing with volume though. Perfectly OK
for a casual shooter maybe. I think Tina produces rather more than that!
*
*
*If you want to take more interesting pictures,
stand in front of more interesting stuff* -- Joe McNally

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman