Subject: [Leica] had a lens fall off myLeica M4-P
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:43:11 +0100

Tina's remark is interesting. Since the outcome of the first M-3 in
1954 it's the first time I hear this. Somebody in the sixties said
putting a lens on a Leica M and turn it to close it was like closing
the door of a Swiss Vault. You turn the lens, feel a slight
resistance, turn it a little further and then you feel and hear a
click. The systhem itself over the years hasn't been changed. Others
copied it. Research for the then new bayonnet systhem began before
WWII.

The newer the lens and or the camera the harder it feels in the
beginning. Maybe the systhem became sloppy or a locking piece or
spring broke down. A good technician must be able to check and repair
it without opening the whole camera. This begins from above, way down
to the bottom.

I did have some problems with my Leica M-4/2 when putting it on a
winder. It worked perfectly without a film in it but not with a film
inside. It was new and so it went back to Wetzlar for a few weeks.

Regards and good luck,

Cedric