Subject: [Leica] From today -> Cedric
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:51:33 +0100

Dear Lluis,

Thank you verry much for your interesting informations and personnal
remarks. Comments from a photographer who has a good experience in the
field is most important to me. Over the years I had several Summilux's
35mm M to test but was not alway satisfied with the results, having a
verry good Summicron 35mm M (made about 1972-1973) and a Summaron 35
f:2.8 M. I know these 2 well because I enlarged a lot of pictures in
B&W and color myself up to format 30X40 cm with both my Focomat IC and
IIC. In my opinion both lenses are equal at the same openings, except
f/2 of course.

When I made this remark to a good old friend at Leitz Wetzlar at the
time he smiled largely and agreed discreetly.

So recently I received this Sumilux 35mm M I mentionned. I know this
lens perfectly because my friend took most of the 35 mm pictures of ou
marriage with it.
I personally teached him color photography and chemistry in his
personnal darkroom. I never saw any difference with my own Summicron,
be it in B&W or color.
He showed me several pictures taken with this lens with Kodachrome in
low light in an obscure cathedral. Simply razor sharp so to say. I
made no mistake in buying this lens.

When he bought himself the latest Apo Summilux 35mm M he was so
enthousiastic with the results he gave me his own Summilux 35mm M. I
will never regret it. First results with my M-9 look excellent both in
B&W and color.

Thank you again and kind regards,

Cedric