Subject: [Leica] DxOMark's Leica M9 Sensor Test Results Have Leica Photographers Befuddled
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:36:05 -0700

The key phrases are these: "Compared to the evolution of CMOS sensors used
in the latest Nikon and Sony DSLRs however, the DxOMark Scores indicate a
gulf in image quality, not only at base ISO but importantly at mid range
sensitivities up to ISO 1600. While image quality drops off very quickly on
digital Leica M cameras as you increase the ISO, the top-end DSLR
competition keep delivering the goods at staggeringly high sensitivities"

Yes, we know this, we know the CCD sensors suck at high ISO. ISO 1600 is
HIGH for M9, not mid range. So if you are happy with shooting 1250 or
lower, then it's a whole different ball game.