Subject: [Leica] NEX 7 – A new system camera for LEICA lenses ? « Farines-Photo Blog
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 22:32:33 -0800

I very much like my NEX-7. It handles my M and R lenses quite well, thank
you.

There are rumors that appear to have a high-likelyhood of an NEX-7N coming
out to correct a few issues and upgrade the sensor a bit. But the most
intriguing is a full-frame NEX camera using the sensor from the RX1. I think
I have that model number right.

IF Sony makes that camera I'd hope they'd get rid of all the garbage
features and come up with a useful menu system. This is the true strong
point of the Leica designs - it's not about special features like sepia
mode, and backlit sunset mode but about giving the photographer intimate
control of the camera.

I believe the focus system on the NEX-7 can be improved. As I understand it
they next generation sensor will be designed to increase the speed and
accuracy.

Sony knows how to make great sensors. They're learning how to make cameras.

I wouldn't be hoity-toity in comparing an M to an NEX-7. The Sony has almost
instantaneous shutter response - it will be MUCH faster than the M (in live
view NOT as a rangefinder) because the M's shutter will have to close and
then reopen. Now for me that wouldn't be too big of an issue but for street
shooters...using non-M lenses with the EVF is contra-indicated.

Adam