Subject: [Leica] Softies for new M (and maybe M-E and Monochrom)
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 07:03:48 +1000

This certainly was a surprise to read. If it is sufficiently different
thread in pitch or dimensions then a mechanical cable release might be
impossible. There is no remote or electronic release option that I am aware
of. I think that the shutter release mechanism is different in the M in
that it is no longer entirely mechanical (with a hole through to interior)
and presumably this was part of the moisture sealing changes. Well I
shall.experiment with my cables and softies when I can.

We can probably file this reported softie incompatibility under first world
problems I guess ;-)

*If you want to take more interesting pictures,
stand in front of more interesting stuff* -- Joe McNally

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman