Subject: [Leica] question about color rendering in the LUG gallery
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:47:07 -0600

I would appreciate some help with this.  When I upload a color image to the
gallery, there is a pronounced color shift toward red (as viewed in the
gallery).  For example, today I was privileged to see the original of Buddy
the Puppy
(http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Bob+Baron/Dogs/W_L3002946Buddy.jpg.html),
wherein Buddy has brown/blondish fur.  In the gallery, the fur has a red
tint.  The other day I posted a snapshot of a smoked pheasant breast, and
again in the gallery it looks pretty raw (as in bleeding).   I notice this
only with the gallery.  For example, I can look at a photo on my website and
it is an exact color match with the image as viewed in PS.

I convert all the photos from ProPhoto or Adobe RGB to sRGB before
uploading.  I'm pretty sure nothing is happening when I upload an image,
because I can download it from the gallery and it is again then an exact
match with the original as viewed in PS.  It is as if my monitor profile is
not recognized when I view the gallery, but I don't see how that could be.
There is no doubt something simple I am doing wrong - any thoughts
appreciated!

Best regards,

Ken

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] question about color rendering in the LUG gallery)