Subject: [Leica] Sunday morning in Harlem - Phil Swango
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:54:33 +0100

Le 3 mars 13 ? 20:59, Phil Swango a ?crit :

> Ph. Amard wrote:
> Here are 5 stolen shots, starting from here:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/NYC-2013/Harlem-Sunday+Believers-7850.jpg.html
> ===================================
>
> Really appealing set, Philippe.  The Harlem shots are terrific.  I
> noticed
> you're using the Fuji X10.  What's your opinion so far?  The IQ
> looks great
> to me (desktop monitor).  How's the finder?

Thanks Phil :-)

I bought the fuji shortly before this trip and had planned to return
it to the shop as I didn't find it fitted my needs due to poor
parallax when using the finder.
Then, I simply forgot the deadline and was left with the camera on my
hands and so decided it would make the trip along with the D700.
And I used it A LOT there ( nearly filled a 32 GB card...) and I even
used the backscreen for composition.
The Nikon was banging on my stomach as I sneaked the fuji out of my
pocket for happy or stolen snaps.
All in all I had tremendous pleasure using it, even though I knew the
IQ would be no match to the D700 ...
I'm in the process of downloading the nikon files, and I was right,
unfortunately.
But boy, this packet of cigarettes sized camera is real fun and
ergonomically well designed.
I'll probably sell it to "upgrade" to the now out X20 before the summer.

OTT, the RAF (read raw) files are much trickier to process than any
other DNG, ORF, RAW, etc I've ever dealt with,
yet once you've understood how they work you can get tolerably fine
images so long as you keep their size on the lower side.

Hope this helps

Thanks again
Philippe