Subject: [Leica] IMG: General Tire
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 00:59:37 +0100

After seeing all your portraits taken with a Summicron 90 M and a
Noctilux (Mosquito area) all wide open if I remember, and coming from
you, your hesitation between Leica  R and M's lenses is interesting.
When our son was about 1 year old, we had a painfull decision to make.
He needed a haircut. Just before going to the shop I took a few
pictures  with one of my Leicaflex SL's, a simple Leicaflex lens of
135mm f;2.8 and a Kodak color neg film. After a lot of horrified
protests, cries and tears we came back home. I then took an M-6 and a
135m F:4 Leitz lens at the same place in shaddow (summer) of the
garden,  with a Kodak Neg film of the same type and speed.

I enlarged all the pictures a few weeks later only to discover (glossy
8x10 inch) there was no difference at all between all the pictures
(he's got blue eyes and blond hair), you could see all details of his
face and hair, but no difference between the pictures taken with the
reflex lenses and the M's.

We have only one child, but I never sold any of my Leicas (Reflex R's
or M's) and their wonderfull lenses. Instead I bought myself 2 brand
new R-8. I hope to find a DMR one day.

Because of you maybe one day I will buy myself a Noctilux.

Admiring regards,

Cedric