Subject: [Leica] Is my M6 a 0.85 VF?
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:19:08 +0100

Thank you for all these interesting infos.
I also happen to have an M-6 bought new from a honest but special
origin around 1986.
I had to wait six months if not a year to have it.
It's still like new and has been CLA by an experienced Leica
technician recently.
Believe me or not I had a look at its serial N? that hapens to be 1.575***.
And Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Gmbh (small capital letters) and serial N? on
the hot shoe.
And the usual red dot I hated from the beginning.  I looked 2x times to be
sure.
The VF bears no markings at all and has all the usual (6x)
frame-lines, wich sometimes puzzels me.
I love it as much as the first day I got it, be it special or not.

One day I even saw an M-6 with black paint wich I knew to be unusual.
It was in the hands of a Leica salesmans and beared the logo of the
Leica historical collectors society of America (LHSA) in very small
letters. I was told it was a special order for its members.

Thanks again for all the info.

Cedric