Subject: [Leica] Spain's Economic Collapse
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 14:03:29 +0100

Yes, during the boom years lots of white elephants like this were built,
including the fabulous Centre for Arts and Sciences in Valencia (at least
that one is nice to look at), the airport in Castell?n (opened 2 years ago,
not a single commercial flight, ever), etc. Construction workers were
imported from all over the world, first Eastern Europe, then South America,
then I suppose even some Chinese--although Chinese construction workers have
a terrible reputation in Europe, following the fiasco in Poland leading up
to the 2012 football championships. No matter, here in Spain, until it all
stopped in 2008, it was all about building, building, building, fuelled by
cheap credit. Classic boom and bust.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman