Subject: [Leica] JOHANNASBURG PLAQUE & LOCATION
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:34:44 -0800

Ken my goodness my friend, I too should've added a few smiley's!! The bottom
line really is.. "WHO CARES?" ;-) :-)

> how it happened to be there?<<<<

Not a clue? I've used it as a quotation for many many years simply because
it's sort of how I relate to my photography of people over the past 60
years. :-) Rarely without thought.

One day an e-mail turned up on the screen with...... "I saw this the other
day, are you the same Ted Grant?" And there was an unknown name and the tips
of toes partially on the plaque!"  Eventually some searching and while doing
so damned if I didn't get another post?

Then it became a real challenge to chase it down. So over a few years all of
a sudden these latest e-mails began to happen. One from the USA . People on
their holidays.

Still no idea who, nor how it was selected for this shopping mall in
Johannesburg?

Maybe some day I'll find out?

If and when I win the lottery and can afford the plane fare?  I'm on my way
to track it down. :-) :-) Will let you know! :-)

cheers,
ted