Subject: [Leica] IMG: Trichotomy sound check photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:47:40 -0800

Gerry Walden SHOWED:

>I photographed the great Australian jazz trio Trichotomy at the weekend,
>and here is a gallery of the reulting images, all shot with the X-Pro1 up
>to 5000iso:
>
> http://archive.gwpics.com/gallery/Trichotomy/G0000ThmWN2r_4Ag/C0000i_0uPzMpzu4

Hi Gerry,
A clean set of photographs. The various angles and expressions illustrate
the photography of a talented photographer who "wasn't in awe of the
celebrities" and went about the assignment capturing images of quality equal
to their music! They must be extremely pleased!

The setting can't be beat when using stage & lighting........ just imagine
what a huge pain in the butt it is to be asked to shoot something like this?
Then have to light it?

For those of you who've never had the opportunity to shoot subjects as a
group of musicians.................. always ask for a stage setting and
lighting first! The battle is half won if you get it! If that is the case
then relax and do your picture taking thing in capturing beautiful images as
we see here.

Good on you Gerry a class set of photos taken and an excellent series for
your client to choose from!
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] IMG: Trichotomy sound check photos)