Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 7/2/2013: back to the past
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 20:55:46 -0000

"Nathan Wajsman" <photo at frozenlight.eu> wrote
>people there. The bookshop is called Librairie Hankard. I photographed it
>back in 2001, during one of my >first visits back after moving to Zurich:
>http://www.frozenlight.eu/nathanfoto/paw/48.jpg

I note the word "Gastronomie" featuring not unexpectedly in your
photograph.... :-)

>I work. It is a small world indeed. I had a nice chat with her, bought a
>book (I am physically incapable of >walking into this kind of bookshop
>without buying a book), and took at picture:
>http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2356423952&k=h2cRpDP&lb=1&s=O

That's a common problem, Nathan. I have got more unread books than I ever
realised I could possibly accumulate. The bloody internet wastes more time
than anyone could have imagined. When the hordes break down my doors at some
time in the future waving their swords, I'll be babbling "Wait a minute, I
'm just googling who finished first in the 1932 500cc Belgian Grand Prix. Oh
yes, it was Stanley Woods, and do you know I bought a head gasket for my
1963 Moto Guzzi Zigolo from him in 1969?" Whooosh, bump as my decapitated
head bounces on the floor of my office.....

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry
Bray, Co. Wicklow