Subject: [Leica] Canon doesn't see it quite like Mark
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 03:05:19 -0500

Well Gary I think that there was a guy named Barnack who thought a lot of
work could be done with a quality compact camera with a 24x36mm format.
After much thought he didn't go with 24x18 as a few others in the time were
going. Which was called "single frame" he went with "double frame" taking up
twice the film in length an at the time  a bit of an unusual move.
His hunch was proved right. It turned out that most of what you'd ever want
to do could be done in that format for a hundred years later.
There's really nothing arbitrary about it and its not a minor subject.
As is its WAY more of an important issue that lenses.
If the thread bores you please continue playing with your cameras which
could come out of a box of crackerjacks and ignore the posts about eagerly
waited for larger format compacts.
Me I'll be not be totally happy until the first medium format compact comes
out. An in effect:  digital Fuji folder