Subject: [Leica] Canon doesn't see it quite like Mark
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 19:14:29 -0500

It appears that Canons marketing department can not absorb the idea of a
compact point and shoot camera priced as a full frame quality DSLR and would
perhaps like to continue claiming that their Powershots priced at one and
two hundred bucks give you all the quality you'd ever need.
There's no question that a full frame compact even though it would be in the
long run priced far below three grand even if its below two grand is going
to appeal to a niche "gentleman's photographer" market like the  Olympus XA
and Rollei 35 did. And the Contax T3 did  and the Nikon with the roman
numerals on top . And Minox 35mm.  What was Canons entry at the time I think
there was none. So nothings changed. Apparently there is an entrenched
bureaucracy in that company. Its a company I've seemed to have avoided ever
doing any biasness with. I've used the Olympus XA and XA2 and the Rollei 35.
Mainstream Nikons. All kinds of camera companies from all over never a
Canon. Coincidence mainly.