Subject: [Leica] Link: The last roll of Kodachrome
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:22:54 +1030

It's a really well shot documentary, even if using digital proofs to make
sure all 36 frames turned out just right seems like cheating.

The shots at Dwaynes were amazing; I briefly worked at Kodak in Melbourne
processing Kodachrome, but more than anything the sequence of the cutter
turning the roll into frames for mounting reminded me of the time I got a
roll of K64 back cut through the frames rather than between them - so each
mount had half of two pictures in it.  I recall being mightily unimpressed.

The film also reminded me of seeing the Kodak plant in Coburg looking like
this: http://www.thisisdiversal.com/search/label/kodak - quite strange
having worked there.

I still remember the smell of the Kodachrome processing line.

Marty