Subject: [Leica] Is 35 the Current 50?
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 19:10:24 -0600

==On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 2:34 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark at
rabinergroup.com>wrote:

> If there's anything more useful than a 35mm lens I don't know what it is.
> A 50 really is a short tele.

When I was first learning about using 35mm film cameras back in the 1950s
many people considered the 50mm focal length to be the 'standard' lens.
 The 35mm focal length was considered too prone to distortion, particularly
at the edges and particular when shooting people, to be used on a regular
basis.

I guess that must have changed.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Is 35 the Current 50?)