Subject: [Leica] a modest contribution to the best way to beat ebay
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:58:29 +0100

I've read most of the posts concerning ebay and its potential dangers. I
think I might have an idea. I have been using one single lens (the
collapsible elmar 50) for a number of weeks now (+ M8)  and I have come to
the conclusion that this pair covers most of my needs. I do have another
lens (sum 35 asph) but I seldom use it. I think this is probably something
many other luggers experience, this successful match between a photog, a
body and a lens which often results in wonderful pictures being made. See
the use HCB made of his IIIg + 50mm. So, do we really need to have that many
lenses and cameras since we all have our favourite gear? (I'm of course not
talking of professional photogs!)Just an idea to beat ebay and perhaps
favour our local dealer - once every five years, for used and less expensive
gear!Jean-Michel

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] a modest contribution to the best way to beat ebay)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] a modest contribution to the best way to beat ebay)