Subject: [Leica] Vespa Image Somewhere in Provence, France
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy )
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 00:32:11 -0500

Gary Benson:

Re: Your striking B&W vs. Color rendering of the Vespa in Provence France

This is a great image. Your B&W vs. Color comparison is dramatic. I'm not
sure how the MM Leica would render the scene in B&W;  but in this case,
color rules for me! Thanks for sharing an image that has me thinking first
and smiling last. Dr. Leon Pomeroy, Northern Virginia, USA

"Here is one of my favorite images from a trip to France in September.  I

was wandering the narrow streets of this small town and came upon this

scene.  Unfortunately, I forgot to make a note of the town's name.

Color

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bensonga/PE+CLR+2012-12+Vespa+in+Provence+G
H2+P1000383.jpg.html

B&W conversion

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bensonga/P1000383+Blue+Vespa+in+Provence+Fr
ance+BW+Neutral+XL.jpg.html

I printed both of these images for recent color and B&W print exchanges.

We spent a week in Paris and then a week bicycling thru Provence with a

group, staying on a canal boat at night.  This was our first trip to

Europe.  We had a great time and look forward to another trip there soon!

So many places to visit, never enough time.

Gary Benson

Eagle River, Alaska"