Subject: [Leica] R3 owners....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 03:08:46 -0500

The cameras which occupy our time or thoughts now are the ones we
inadvertently win on ebay. Its hard to verbalize just how offensive this is
to me its certainly gotten way beyond the compulsive trading of cameras
which used to happen with Shutterbug before the internet.
Its a board game now. EBay.
By a stroke of luck on this list which does occupy a fair amount of my time
our leader Brian and many others on the list seem to be inline with my take
on ebay. The obvious fact that the camera USER mentality and the eBay camera
trading mentality are totally at odds with each other... Making photographs
verses playing with money.

Now somebody asks me what I think about some dream camera of mine say a
Hasselblad super wide. But its not a shared dream we both have its not a
perhaps natural extension of their photography. Its a bid box they
spontaneously checked without giving it a second thought. Maybe they'll win
it so they want my expert opinion on the whole subject.
"oh my look what I won!" "is it any good?"
In this case a ridiculous gold plated camera.