Subject: [Leica] Focusing on bike shots
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:14:53 -0600

In 1970 my wife and I accompanied a team of National Geo photographers in
the high country near Ouray.  I had my little M3 and 3-4 lenses and they had
more gear than I had ever seen.  I finally had to ask how many 35mm rolls
they went through since it seemed they were continually shooting and
reloading.  The answer essentially was "shoot a whole bunch and you'll get a
few you want".  Made sense to me, until I started using LF 4x5 and 8x10
outfits, where you are supposed to meditate or something over the image in
the ground glass (not to mention being cooped up in your hotel room changing
out film holders while everyone else is down at the bar).  Now with digital
I'm back in the National Geo camp.  If I get 15 or so keepers from a week's
trip I'm happy.

Ken