Subject: [Leica] Shutterbug
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 08:43:55 -0800

Tina Manley OFFERED:

> The current (February) issue of Shutterbug has an article by Maria Piscopo
> on the state of stock photography today.   I'm one of the seven
> photographers she interviewed and they feature three of my photos of
> children in the article.  I think she did a pretty good job with the
> interviews, but the future of stock looks pretty bleak through the eyes of
> all of the photographers!
>
> I've only seen the digital version but you do have to have a subscription
> to view it.<<<<

Hi Tina,
Without reading her article and being the first photographer to join
"MASTERFILE STOCK AGENCY" even before it was called Masterfile. I can tell
you some of the top stock photogs who only shot stock for years, not
assignments as I have. They were making $250,000. to $500,000.oo a year with
not a thought it would ever end. Today are receiving monthly sales cheques
of a two or three dollars. :-( :-(

Technology with the magic of Photoshop and various other things of this
modern age has created the death knell of earning any sustainable life as a
"Stock photographer!"  Sometimes we gain huge benefits in the advancements
of technology. By the same token it kills some parts completely!

I suppose if  someone learns how to move rapidly with the technology, they
survive. Other wise? :-(

cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Shutterbug)