Subject: [Leica] any Sony rx 1 users
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 21:28:20 -0500

Paul  we are told the Zeiss optics made by Cosina are placed halfway between
CV Cosina  Voigtl?nder made down the hall and Leica I think both in price
and performance.
Historically before Contax Kyocera the battle between Leica and Zeiss was
done without Zeiss also finding ways to undercut Leica in price.
So they often won.
But now with Kyocera then Cosina now Sony the "you get what you pay for" bit
of common sense is not somehow magically circumvented as its not about
winning its about undercutting. The CZ Zeiss stuff from what I gather in
most cases a step up from Canon Nikon and a step down from Leica. Both in
price and output. They were not able to do a black magic thing.... Giving
you mare than you're paying for I really don't think.