Subject: [Leica] LR 4 Alternatives anyone
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 11:08:01 +0000

"Physical Address Extension (PAE), NX processor bit (NX), and Streaming SIMD
Extensions 2 (SSE2) refer to features of the processor. PAE enables 32-bit
processors to access more than 4 GB of physical memory on capable versions of
Windows and is a prerequisite for NX. NX allows the processor to help guard
the
PC from attacks by malicious software. SSE2 (a standard on processors for a
long
time) is an instruction set that is increasingly used by third-party apps and
drivers. For Windows 8, for your malware defense features to work reliably we
require that your processor support NX. To enhance the reliability of
third-party apps and drivers running in Windows 8, SSE2 is also required. If
your PC doesn't support PAE, NX, and SSE2 you won?t be able to install
Windows
8...."

- Nicrosoft