Subject: [Leica] Drobo for backup
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 09:28:37 -0500

Knowing little about Drobo, can the disks be migrated to a different Drobo
NAS model if the current one's electronics gets fried for any reason?
Chances are by the time something else goes wrong, the same model will be
discontinued.

Manufacturers have been know to attempt lock-in based on something like
serial number or UUID. :(

Regards,
Spencer