Subject: [Leica] a "pro-hobbyist" evaluates an M9 . . . ICK
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:25:53 -0500

I forgot to add in this alternate use of the Leica M's digital or analog for
landscapes the use of the bottom ISO's and tripod use normally goes along
with it for sure.
I do think the preferred tools for this area of image making is going to
remain in larger formats... bigger sensors. Despite are ability to stitch
and multiple expose. I think a Leica S2 is a perfect camera for such work...
An obvious choice. And they can also stitch and multiple expose.
I think when the M  in effect "10" comes out it will be re embraced by long
standing die hard street shooters. And for every guy with his M on a tripod
shooting at ISO 100 there will be a thousand hand holding on the streets
shooting a ISO 6400 turning out brilliant shots that the Leica was designed
to do from day one i.e. Oskar Barnack shooting the flooded streets in
Wetzlar hand held.