Subject: [Leica] WTB: R8/DMR
From: piers.hemy at gmail.com (Piers Hemy)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 13:00:59 -0000

While you are correct about VAT not payable on exports outside EU, Charlie,
remember that Ffordes are selling used equipment, and calculation of the VAT
may not be as simple as first appears!  Either the VAT is 20% on their
commission, which is usually also 20% of gross, or they operate on what is
called the "margin scheme" in which case the VAT is calculated on their
total turnover, so VAT on an individual item cannot be calculated.

Either way, Doug would not get a 16.66% discount :-( And I speak from
personal disappointment having not got what I had expected from another
once-big used dealer (anyone remember MXV?) when I worked outside EU.

On the other hand, Doug, if you want someone to take a look at the DMRs at
Ffordes, I now not only work in EU, but am less than an hour's drive from
Ffordes, which goes a long way to make up for that personal disappointment I
just mentioned!

Piers