Subject: [Leica] WTB: R8/DMR
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:32:12 -0600 (CST)

Hi Doug,

Sorry to hear that both of yours are not doing well.  I would offer mine,
but it also has a problem, the motor does not always wind the shutter
completely.  A real pain when trying to catch a flying bird.  I am guessing
it has a soft capacitor in the supply.  If I had a schematic or repair
manual I would try to fix it, but as far as I know Leica is not letting this
information out to us users.  Works fine using the manual advance, which is
what i do when it acts up, approx. 75% of the time.  The Nikon D4 is getting
more and more use because of this.  It may be time to start buying Leitax
lens mounts for my R lenses.

Cheers,
Gene