Subject: [Leica] OT Gun Violence
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 16:12:03 -0600

Oh! Look over there! Let me divert your attention to the similarity of guns
to cameras and photographers. They both shoot - right?

Do not look here at our interest in hardware DESIGNED for the  express
purpose of killing living things. Collecting and shooting guns is really
just like collecting or designing stamps; or painting or collecting
paintings; or cars; which - hey you know also hit and kill deer, and
turtles, and possums.

anyone who's ever owned a firearm knows the fascination comes primarily from
the rush felt in various combinations of power and fear; and only
secondarily the fineness of the machining and finish; and history.

I'm so tired of silly, vacuous distracting bs. I own guns, cameras, paint
brushes and cars. I know the difference. And have since I was 11 years old.
The difference became much clearer still when I nearly killed a friend, at
age 14, with my father's "never loaded in the house" .22 Rueger revolver. He
failed to tell anyone that he changed the rules. And I really wanted to show
and impress my friend.

a note off the iPad, George