Subject: [Leica] Color vs. B&W
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:54:05 -0500

Kodachrome is the Tri X of color many serious shooters have shot nothing but
the stuff. To me it does not look like snapshots back from Walgreens which
is how much ColorNeg stuff looks even blown up big to me.
Orson Wells said you could not be considered a serious actor unless you'd
been in at least one black and white film. I  think as photographers go a
life shooting Kodachrome would not be wasted. You'd still get into Moma.
And that life would have perhaps entailed a minimum of darkroom work. Mainly
work on the light table.... Lightroom in analog....
Carefully making trays of 80 sides. Or sheets of 20. Or even those black
cardboard things for slides which held less. Having ones work made into
Cibachromes or what came later. Or prints with a 4x5 inch interneg. Or
printing them yourself which is what I did.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography