Subject: [Leica] No more Zeiss Ikon
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:03:45 -0600

On Dec 11, 2012, at 2:31 PM, Frank Filippone wrote:

> I don't think the move financially from Film to Digital was so hard for me.
> I saved on film costs.  Broke even quickly.
>
> But the second digital camera is a harder rationalization.... I am already
> saving the money.
>
> Why would I buy another?  ( assuming my present digiM is still working to
> spec)

We certainly save on film costs.

Though between camera upgrades
and computer upgrades
and software upgrades
and printer upgrades
and ink costs
and paper costs

I'd liked to have been of the age
to have completed life in analog land.

I had wonderful cameras in every format.
wonderful enlargers up to and including 8x10.
30 x 40 trays.
wonderful light tables.
wonderful oak drawing tables.

and was one of a relatively small group
to be so well tooled; and trained.

Since 1985 I've spent over $40K on computers;
not counting software, harddrives, printers and scanners;
which would probably take the number to $60K.

Digital cameras? Close to $20K;
and that's on top of the analog cameras?

And at this moment the commercial hot shots
would consider me using obsolete cameras and computers.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com