Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Bandana
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 18:05:05 -0500

Hi Tina,

This is a wonderful portrait of woman and child. I copied the file
and found I could increase the saturation by 20% in photoshop and
still end up with a very well balanced color. What it did was
increase the red in the child's head covering to what I believe the
actual color might have been. It also increased the red in the
woman's cheeks. Any more of an increase just increases the overall
pink cast of the photo. You probably decreased the saturation based
on feedback of another photo or two but in this case it may not have
been necessary. Only you know what the original colors were. If the
photo was from slide film like Velvia it normally scans as too
contrasty and too saturated. That's not any easy job you've given
yourself. But I really enjoy these wonderful photos you're sharing
with us.

Len