Subject: [Leica] Film is not quite dead...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 17:52:39 -0500

>From someone who has broken his ass in the darkroom for decades searching
for the right developer dilution film combination the results I get from XP2
is embarrassingly great. And I expose it at its on the box 400 I doubt its
very push-able or the opposite. Its c41 color neg film with no color in it.
Its results in my body of work certainly competes against what I've gotten
with Xtol and other developers and other 400 silver films.
Thing is I'd rather be using a 1600 film. C41 iso 800 or 1600 films look
like 400 films of a dozen years ago or what I'm used to seeing. Totally
viable.  For well over a decade I've  thought of iso 400 as low rez not
street film.
So when I shoot film now I tend to shoot those and just convert it to
monochrome not shoot XP2.
A huge reason is MORE INFORMATION. With color film technology.
Which I can filter to my hearts content later.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography