Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mam Mother and IT8 Targets
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 08:39:30 +1000

Tina it sounds like we bought the same target sets. Mine predate my M8
though. I tried to contact you to send you my set. Never mind.
 From memory there is no way to load more than one profile for your scanner
in Vuescan . You cannot for any other colour managed device in your work
flow either. Technically the profile is only completely accurate for that
one target media and standard condition. however it should still be fine for
other films. Provia is more neutral than say Velvia for example. Really it
is just about measuring how your device reproduces a broad range of known
RGB values. The device profile cannot take into account all of the other
variables of original white balance, fading of the media, processing
variability (film developing) etc.
My suggestion is to select that Provia profile and that for your
printer/paper and just use that as your starting point. You will have
discovered the raw options in your scan processes too. But a DNG is not
exactly the same as one from camera. Another discussion probably!

cheers
Geoff